Types of training
The Parenting for Faith team are available to lead different kinds of events. You can see our most popular options below, but if you can’t see what you’re looking for get in touch and we’ll do our best to design something suitable for your context.
Who is your event for?
- Parents and carers
- The kids or youth team volunteers at your church
- Children’s, youth and family leaders
- Church leaders who are parents
What does it cost?
Costs vary depending on the length of your event and the distance the speaker has to travel and can be found on our bookings page.
We never want cost to be something that stops you, so under each category you’ll also find a link to an alternative option, which you can access for free via our website.
Parents and carers’ events
We can come and run an event for you, people often request an evening, Saturday morning or a seminar as part of a larger event. Our most popular options are an overview of the five Key Tools or age-specific sessions e.g. Parenting for Faith for under-fives or teens.
If you haven’t already, the best way that you can encourage and equip parents and carers is by running the Parenting for Faith course. These eight video-based sessions can be run as a weekly course, weekend away or day event. Just follow these five simple steps. If you’d like any help or advice, feel free to get in touch.
Church team training
We can come and run a training event for your team, to equip them with tools and skills to use in children’s and youth work and as they engage with parents and carers. Our most popular options are Chat and Catch (prayer), Prayer ministry with children or using the five Key Tools in children’s and youth work. We can also offer training for specific age groups.
We have a whole section of our website dedicated to training your team. You could run your own event using these videos and email links out to anyone who can’t attend.
Children’s, youth and family leaders’ training
Anyone working with children and youth will have discovered how crucial it is to work with the parents as well, but it can be hard to communicate and engage well if we don’t have the right tools to offer them. This half-day training is suitable for any gathering of children’s, youth and families workers and key volunteers such as a diocesan gathering or regional meet-up. It will introduce them to the key tools of Parenting for Faith and show them how to get the most out of them, in their context.
To equip them to help the parents and carers in their church to feel confident to spiritually disciple their children and give them the tools to do this.
£180 + travel + expenses
Example timetable (can run as a morning, afternoon or evening)
- 9.30–10.00 am Arrival and refreshments
- 10.00–10.50 am The role of parents and how we can equip them
- 10.50–11.10 am Overview of the five key tools of Parenting for Faith Part 1: Creating windows and Framing
- 11.10–11.30 am Break
- 11.30 am–12.00 pm Overview of the five key tools of Parenting for Faith Part 2: Unwinding, Chat and Catch and Surfing the Waves
- 12.00–12.30 pm How to run a course, Q and A and prayer
We also offer a free video session, with training and ideas for children’s, youth and family leaders along with pauses for discussion questions. It is suitable for an hour-long seminar at a conference or as a discussion starter for a group.
Parenting as a Church Leader training days
Being a church leader affects every part of our lives, including our children. We all want to be good parents and good leaders, seeing our children flourish spiritually and emotionally – but how can we do that well? Parenting as a church leader requires unique skills and choices, and it can feel like a lonely journey.
To gather church leaders together to be encouraged and equipped on issues particular to parenting their own children in the context of church leadership.
£320 + travel + expenses
Options: You can keep your event private and use it just to resource the leaders in your network or make it public. If making it public, you are responsible for taking bookings and payment (if required).
- 9.30–10.00 am Arrival and refreshments
- 10.00–11.00 am Session one: Sustaining connection: finding ways to stay connected with your kids in the chaos of juggling leadership roles and parental responsibilities
- 11.00–11.15 am Break
- 11.15 am–12.15 pm Session two: Affirming their value: how to negotiate the church vs family tug of war well and ensure your kids know they are important to you even at the busiest of times
- 12.15 pm–12.45 pm Lunch
- 12.45–1.45 pm Session three: Finding ourselves: exploring how to be a family in the goldfish bowl of church
- 1.45–2.00 pm Break
- 2.00–3.00 pm Session four: Empowered: empowering your kids to spiritually flourish in their connection with God at home and at church.
You can now book on to our online, one-day Parenting as a Church Leader training days. Check BRF Online to book onto the next event.