Parenting as a Church Leader days
Parenting as a Church Leader days are a unique opportunity for church leaders to learn how to help their family thrive.
You can book a day for your area, or attend the next online event hosted by BRF. These will be linked here when they are available.
There are no more online PACL events planned for 2023.
What happens on the day
Hear the results of research, share your experience with others, talk honestly about your journey and hear from those who’ve walked this path before.
Through thinking about the four foundations church leaders’ children need, we’ll be exploring the parent vs church leader tension of living in the goldfish bowl, and discovering how best to position our children to flourish in their connection with God and with the church.
The days vary slightly but all follow a similar format:
- 9.30–10.00 am Arrival and refreshments
- 10.00–11.00 am Session 1: Sustaining connection: finding ways to stay connected with your kids in the chaos of juggling leadership roles and parental responsibilities
- 11.00–11.15 am Break
- 11.15 am–12.15 pm Session 2: Affirming their value: how to negotiate the church vs family tug of war well and ensure your kids know they are important to you even at the busiest of time
- 12.15–12.45 pm Lunch
- 12.45–1.45 pm Session 3: Finding ourselves: exploring how to be a family in the goldfish bowl of church
- 1.45–2.00 pm Break
- 2.00–2:30 pm Session 4: Empowered: empowering your kids to spiritually flourish in their connection with God at home and at church.