Talking to under-11s about sex and puberty from a Christian perspective
It's a subject which has many parents quaking in their boots! Whilst we know the importance of open, healthy conversations with our children around puberty and sex, it's another thing actually having those conversations.
For an episode of the Parenting for Faith podcast, Anna spoke to Emma Waring, a psychosexual nurse therapist with over 20 years of experience who is also a Christian.
Many of the patients and clients Emma has helped can relate sexual problems back to childhood experiences of sex being taboo or dismissed as ‘dirty’, so Emma is passionate about helping parents have better conversations with their children. Emma is the author of ‘Seasons of Sex and Intimacy’.
Links from the episode:
- Explore Emma’s website
- Buy Emma’s book ‘Seasons of Sex and Intimacy’
- NSPCC – Pantosaurus and Talk Pants
- The Girls’ Guide to Growing up
- How to grow up and feel amazing: the no worries guide for boys
You might also be interested in:
- Talking sex and relationships in children’s ministry: Facebook Live
- Boyfriends and girlfriends: Facebook Live
- Talking to 11-18s about sex and puberty from a Christian perspective – podcast interview with Sheila Wray Gregoire