What we offer
Whatever your relationship with children or teens, we have something to equip and encourage you to help them connect with God for a lifetime. We produce content geared specifically to parents and carers and to churches.
Parenting for Faith offers resources through our Key Tools, courses, podcast, website, books, events and training. This can all be accessed via our website or by following us on social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and joining our online communities there.
The Key Tools
The five Key Tools are at the heart of the Parenting for Faith resources and are for you to explore and use in your home or ministry. They don’t require a theology degree, any preparation or a cupboard of craft materials! Once you’ve learned them, you can apply them to all sorts of different situations and contexts. For a quick start guide, head to our key tools pages which will give you a summary of each one, along with an example video, things to try and answers to your questions.
We all long for our children to be God-connected not just God-smart, but too often we don’t know where to start or how to keep our children and teens growing in their connection with God. We have a range of courses – the original Parenting for Faith course, the babies and toddlers bitesize course and the Parenting as a Church Leader course. We plan to release a Parenting Teens for Faith course in 2023.
Based on the book Parenting Children for a Life of Faith, the original Parenting for Faith course is a free video resource that will help parents, carers and extended family discover how they are perfectly positioned to show their children every day the reality of a life with God and how to have a vibrant two-way relationship with him.
Support materials are available for course leaders, but individuals can easily access the course themselves as well.
We produce a regular twenty-minute podcast for parents and carers that helps to equip you, where you are. It has ideas to help you use and apply the Key Tools and interviews with a range of guests.
Video, audio and written posts
Our site contains a wide range of searchable content for you to use at home and in your church. You’ll find posts for parents and carers, grandparents, extended family, church leaders and children’s and youth workers that we regularly update. Use the search bar in the top right hand corner to find what you’re looking for.
- Parenting Children for a Life of Faith: Omnibus Edition – containing all three of Rachel Turner’s original books, this covers how to position ourselves to parent well to help our children and teens connect with God personally.
- Comfort in the Darkness – a book of biblical stories to read with children all about sleep, dreams and the night. Complete with tips on how to help your children through fear, nightmares and God-connection each night.
- It Takes a Church to Raise a Parent – for children’s, youth and family leaders or church leaders, this book will help you create a culture where Parenting for Faith can flourish.
- Parenting as a Church Leader – this helps you discover how to help your family thrive as you lead.
- Comfort in Uncertain Times – a book of biblical stories to read with children to help them draw close to God through stories of anxiety, loss and transition.
- Parenting Teens for a Life of Faith – this covers how to help teenagers meet and know God.
Events and training
From one-off seminars and training days, to conferences and qualifications, we put on a range of events and equipping opportunities for people of all areas involved in the discipleship of children and teens.
We run online events including regular Facebook Live events for parents and carers and for children’s, youth and family leaders.
We have a speaking team available for you to book to deliver an event for your church or area, online or in person.
Sign up to our email newsletter to hear about new and existing resources, new website content, upcoming events and other developments.
Can’t find what you want?
Get in touch to ask us a question or share your feedback.