Different ways to engage kids and teens with chat and catch
Helping kids and teens into good prayer habits to last a lifetime is one of the most important things we can do as parents and carers.
It can also be incredibly challenging! Children can be shy, self-conscious, worried about getting it ‘wrong’ or unsure about how they sound.
In this pop-up small group, designed for parents and carers, Becky Sedgwick will lead us through practical principles of ‘Chat and Catch’ (Parenting for Faith’s term for prayer) that we can use to help the younger people in our lives talk to God naturally and freely – about anything. Becky will also share how we can encourage our children to ‘catch’ from God, what that might look like, and how we can help our children to develop wisdom and discernment in this area.
These are tools that really will ground our children for a lifetime of God-connection!
- Sessions 4 and 5 of the original Parenting for Faith course introduce chat and catch and how to get your kid started.
- Ideas for helping under-fives chat with God.
- FAQs on chat and catch for parents/carers of kids with additional needs.
- Ideas for if a kid finds catching from God hard.
- Free download of 101 ways to start a conversation with God.
- Tips on how to stop being the High Priest.
- The books Parenting Teens for a Life of Faith and Babies and Toddlers contain age-specific ideas and examples.
- The teenage prayer experiment notebook