Helping kids with additional needs connect with God
In an episode of the Parenting for Faith podcast, we interviewed Naomi Graham, a children's occupational therapist, about how all children, regardless of their needs, can connect with God and how parents and carers can help with that.
Naomi was previously head of Our Place, New Wine’s summer conference provision for children and young people with additional needs. She is now the founder and CEO of a charity called Growing Hope, which offers free therapy for children and young people with additional needs in partnership with churches; they also offer some resources and a podcast offering tips to help families supporting children with additional needs.
Naomi’s book, which is referred to in the podcast, is Love Surpassing Knowledge.
You might also be interested in:
- Seeking parental love, comfort and protection – another Parenting for Faith podcast episode with Dr Naomi Graham
- Getting started supporting children and families with additional needs
- Should you pray for healing for your child with additional needs?
- Can a child with additional needs and disabilities have a meaningful faith?
- Did God make me with autism?